Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lucky for Me, Snow Puts the Kibosh on My Plans

So - included in my year of making art is also the intent to consume as much art as possible.  Museums.  Galleries.  Websites.  Sculpture gardens.  Public art.  Books.  I intend to eat it all up wherever I can find it. 

Today was going to be a museum day... a leisurely train ride in to Manhattan and then to museum hopping, on a planned day off from work (although it feels like I'm playing hooky when I take a day off).  But, oh yeah... its Winter!  And this art lover doesn't travel when it snows - that's just how I roll.  So the three inches of white stuff on the ground this morning with more falling on top of it really squelched my plans.  But alas - my studio needs configuring, so I've been gifted from the snow gods the perfect opportunity to get my act in gear and make my studio workable. 

For those of you who've been in my home, you'll fondly recall "The Annex" - the catch-all room off the kitchen - a sort of "never never land" for everything in the house we didn't know what else to do with.  It was a closet, a storage area, a staging area and a trash bin all rolled up in to one.  Well, when today's magic is over.  it shall be my studio.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment