Saturday, March 20, 2010

Art All Year: An Intimate Discussion on Inception

March 20, 2010.  The Vernal Equinox.  The sun passes over the equator.  Buds are popping.  Birds are singing.  The sun is shining.  There are people in the streets.  Shoppers.  Demonstrators.  Tourists.  Dog lovers. 

March 20, 2010.  Third Saturday Art Loop in New Paltz.  At 6:15, Eileen Quinn began her talk at Van Buren Gallery about her experiences in a recent visit to Kenya, and resulting photographs.  Giraffes and zebras and elephants... oh my!

At 7:15, it was my turn to deliver a talk about "Art All Year".  If you've been following this blog, then I won't bore you with the details of the talk - you've pretty much already read it here.  If you're a new follower, then please feel free to catch up on previous posts.

The big news that was delivered is that I will have a solo show at the Van Buren Gallery in November as a sort of wrap-up of the year in art.  I can't wait to see what I come up with and hope that you'll join me then for another talk!

P.S. -  I once had a design boss tell me I should wear more black - that I'd be taken more seriously as an artist that way, and that he hired me partially due to the fact that he liked the amount of black I was wearing during my interview.  Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment